There are a lot of people that end up having a hard time choosing between Talalay and Dunlop latex mattresses. Today, we will be talking about both of these methods and learn more about them in general. By the end of this article, we will be able to distinguish if there’s an actual difference between Dunlop and Talalay when it comes to money well-spent. We will not only be talking about their differences when it comes to the total feel but we will dive into how they are made and the price range these bad boys are being sold at today. Without further delay, let’s get into that right away!
The difference between Dunlop and Talalay
People think that the method of creating Dunlop and Talalay are alike, but in reality, they are only the same within the first few steps. Some of you people might know how these methods are being carried out, but for people that are yet to be educated on the world of latex mattresses; it’s your lucky day!
- Dunlop – The Dunlop latex mattress method has been practiced for decades and is considered to be the more popular type of latex. This is because it is far cheaper to make and sell giving easy access to all kinds of people from around the world. The process starts by collecting rubber sap from rubber trees and pouring it to the Dunlop latex mattress mold. The sap is then left to settle for a short period of time before placing it directly into their cooking ovens to create the final Dunlop latex mattress. The method is pretty straightforward and it has been like this since it was first created. It is easy to create, doesn’t require that much effort and equipment, but the quality of the mattress is still very high due to the natural ingredient used.
- Talalay – The Talalay method is started just like the Dunlop method by getting rubber sap from trees and pouring them into the molds assigned to create the mattress. Compared to Dunlop mattresses, the process doesn’t stop here. After the rubber sap has been poured into the mold, air is taken out by powerful vacuum machines that suck the air out from the mold. Once the vacuum process has been done the mold will then be frozen under zero temperatures to prohibit the sediments from settling into the bottom. After the freezing process, the mattress is then cooked into the oven and the Talalay mattress is made. The vacuum and freezing process is what separates these two popular methods of creating latex mattresses.
Now that we’ve talked about the Dunlop and Talalay processes, it’s time to move forward and talk about why people prefer Dunlop over the plush Talalay latex!
Why people prefer Dunlop
There are actually more than a couple of reasons why people prefer to purchase Dunlop over Talalay. Are you a latex person? If so, what would you prefer? Dunlop or Talalay?
- Firm Factor – People buy mattresses depending on what they need and feel. If you are a person that is suffering from back pains when sleeping then you might want to purchase Dunlop latex to provide extra support while you sleep. One thing that people like about the Dunlop method is the firmness that it brings. Unlike the plush Talalay, Dunlop provides support and is really easy to fall in love with. If you have the chance to go out to your nearest mattress retail store, try out a Dunlop mattress and you would know what we mean by its firm factor.
- Durability – Due to the method involved in creating Dunlop latex mattresses they are far sturdier than Talalay. This is because the base of Dunlop is made up of settled particles that are part of its natural process of cooking. In addition, the process itself created something that is durable enough to be used with virtually any bed frame that is being used today. Making it a good choice for people that do not have a firm knowledge of how bed frames affect the lifespan of mattresses.
- Price – When talking about price range, the Dunlop is much friendlier compared to its sister Talalay due to the cost in making them. Both are very good methods and both have different usages depending on what you are after. But if you are looking for something that can be used for almost every bed frame out there today then go for Dunlop as they provide awesome support and wouldn’t hurt your bank.
Beds frames that are OK for Dunlop
With the durability of Dunlop latex mattresses, it would be nearly impossible to find something that wouldn’t go well with this type of mattress. But to give you an idea on what frames that you will be working with; we’ve provided you with some of the top five picks that will work perfectly with your Dunlop latex mattresses.
- Platform – The most basic design of the five is the platform bed frame. Think of it as an elevated floor mattress because that is what you are actually doing here. You are elevating the mattress up by creating a platform for you to be able to easily roll into.
- Panel – Panel beds come with solid base due to the panel boards used to create this type of bed frame. This will be perfect for your Dunlop mattress!
- Daybeds – Daybeds are the perfect place to have your siesta. And what better mattress to use for your afternoon nap but a good Dunlop mattress? Daybeds are created with slabs of timber placed side by side to create a sturdy base. This is also ideal for creating extra storage underneath the bed itself.
- Poster/Canopy – Poster or Canopy beds are created with long posts on each of the four quadrants of the bed. The base for this type of bed was designed to carry more weight than a regular bed with four legs.
- Storage – Storage beds will, of course, have additional storages below the space between the floor and the lower part of the bed’s base. Most of the time storage bed frames are created with sturdy bases to keep the mattress flat and secure.
Where to buy Dunlop latex mattresses
Now that we’ve talked about bed frames and which mattress goes with what. It’s time to talk about places to get your next Dunlop mattress. First, we do need to consider retail stores as they sell decent mattresses that you can not only choose from but try it out physically and never rely on online reviews. Speaking about online, the internet is filled with websites like LatexBear that talk about latex mattress and where to get them.
The reason why the internet is so popular when it comes to looking for thing to buy is the fact that you literally have the world under your fingertips! All you need to do is type in whatever you need to see and it will be shown right in front of you. This really comes in handy especially if you are looking for websites that sell Dunlop mattresses. We do suggest looking into more than three websites and try to compare mattress quality, price, and of course, what people are saying about them. It doesn’t matter if the website is designed pretty or not, to distinguish a scam website from a decent one they need to have people saying good things about them. That is why it is also a good idea to look for mattresses through third-party websites as these contain some genuine customer feedbacks.
Do you think Dunlop mattresses are worth your money? We do believe so. But you do need to consider a lot of things to maximize the money spent in buying latex mattresses. Always look into things like bed frame compatibility and the comfort that it brings as a whole. Mattresses play a huge role in promoting good health and healthy sleep. So what are you waiting for?